Shipping carriers are advising delays in bulk wine shipments ex-Adelaide due to a shortage of containers world-wide. The container shortage is a flow-on effect from USA’s West Coast Ports’ labour dispute. Although the dispute is now resolved it may still take about 8 weeks to clear the congestion on the USA’s West Coast.
Please be aware of possible delays when placing bulk wine orders. If you have any queries regarding these delays, please contact our Shipping Officer on +61 (8)83635188 or email email@example.com.
Photos showing before and after congestion can be viewed by clicking here.
The below articles outline further details about the labour dispute and the shipping congestion on the west coast of the USA:
- Congestion at West Coast ports is getting even worse – courtesy of SF Gate
- West Coast labour dispute brings crippling delays to seaports – courtesy of NY Times
- Dockworkers labour dispute US West Coast Los Angeles – courtesy of the Guardian
- 22 Ships waiting to berth in LA/Long Beach – courtesy of EES Shipping
- West Coast Port Talks to Intensify as Perez Raises Pressure – courtesy of Bloomberg Business
- West Coast Ports Revive as Dockworkers Take on Two Month Backlog – courtesy of Bloomberg Business
- West Coast Ports Delay Could Swamp Companies for Two Months – courtesy of Reuters