Collection and use of personal information
Austwine may collect and hold (or already hold) personal information about you as a result of information that you have provided to us, through our dealings with you and your business, including but not limited to:
- contact information such as your name, phone number, postal address and email address;
- employment details;
- financial information such as bank account numbers and credit history;
- other information which will assist us in conducting our business; and
- other information provided at our request.
We may collect personal information in a number of ways, including:
- directly from you, including by telephone, through written correspondence (such as letters and emails), and in person;
- from credit reporting agencies and from third party references; and
- from publicly available sources of information, such as telephone directories.
We collect personal information for a range of purposes, including:
- to provide products and services requested by you including product and service delivery and billing;
- to conduct a credit assessment of you and use information we are permitted by law to use to establish or report on your creditworthiness;
- to research, develop and improve our products and services;
- to directly promote and market products, news, offers, promotions and other services to you where we have your express or implied consent; and
- to purchase products and services from you.
Except where your consent has been provided, your personal information will only be used or disclosed for the primary purpose for which it is collected. We may expressly communicate this purpose to you or it may be clear from the nature of our dealings with you.
Except where your consent has been provided, your personal information will not be disclosed to overseas recipients. The location of the overseas recipient will be provided prior to disclosure of this information.
In certain circumstances we may be a credit provider to you. In these circumstances, we will handle your credit information in accordance with this policy.
You have the right to ask us not to use your personal information for marketing purposes. By accessing this policy, you agree to receive marketing material (including bulk wine lists and updates) unless you have otherwise opted out. You can exercise your right to opt out of marketing material at any time by contacting us at email@example.com .
We do not sell, rent or trade our customers’ personal information to or with third parties.
Security of your information
We shall take all reasonable steps to ensure that all information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete, up-to-date and stored in a secure environment accessed only by authorised persons for legitimate business purposes.
While we strive to protect your personal information from misuse, loss and unauthorised access, we cannot guarantee the security of the passage of any information you transmit to us or receive from us. These activities are conducted at your own risk. However, once we receive your data transmission, we take all reasonable steps to ensure its security.
Secure destruction of your information
We shall take all reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is securely destroyed or de-identified when it is no longer needed for any purpose for which it was collected.
How to access, correct or update your information
We rely on the personal information provided to us. We do not undertake to check or verify the accuracy of the personal information provided.
You may request access to and/or correction of personal information which Austwine holds about you at any time, by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org .
We reserve the right to decline to supply, correct or update personal information about you where:
- providing access would be unlawful, would be likely to prejudice an investigation of possible unlawful activity, would be likely to prejudice law enforcement activities, or denying access is specifically authorised by law; or
- your request for access is frivolous or vexatious; or
- providing access would have an unreasonable impact upon the privacy of other individuals.
If we decline you access to your personal information or refuse to correct your personal information, we will provide you with the reasons why.
How to contact us
If you have any concerns, questions or complaints regarding privacy and management of your personal data, please contact us by emailing email@example.com . We will endeavour to deal with all enquiries or complaints as soon as is reasonably practical. Please provide as much detail as you can as this will help us resolve the enquiry.
If we are unable to satisfactorily resolve your concerns about our handling of your personal information, you can contact a regulatory body including the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.